March 31, 2014
So we had transfers this week and alot of things changed, so here we go
My new comp. Elder Droguett, from Chile, about 5´10 195 pounds, thick accent. Convert to the church. Baptized when he was 18, now he is 25
In Janaúba there are now 2 companionships of SISTERS, we shall see how this turns out. it´ll be super good, or really reallly awful. (i am leaning towards super good)
In Montes Claros there are 3 hispanics, 1 brazilian and 2 americans
So here is what happened this week
Elder Araújo dos Santos went home, (he emailed me today already). Elder Droguett got sick and I didn´t. :)
So when Elder Droguett got here he was fine, but that night he had alot of stomach pains and threw up....a lot. He stayed in the whole next day, so I did a division with one of the new missionaries who came to MOC for a few hours to visit some of the people that I had to visit. In the end he got better and he is fine now.
Then we had to take a quick trip to Janaúba to do a baptism interview. But when we got there, the investigator had disappeared. Ran away from this sisters. So we went on an investigator hunt, which was good because I already knew the city way better than the sisters did...long story short we didn´t find the investigator, but I bought a 5 dollar tie, so all is well.
Then on sunday after church we were talking with the Presidents of Montes Claros (We had 2 branch presidents and 2 members of the district presidency) outside of the church when a moto-taxi stopped and asked where was a street. Nobody knew, except for me. The president of the District said, "Wow, the american knew...only the american knew. Showed up by an american." It was pretty cool. I have learned that I am pretty good with maps and directions. Something that I didn't inherit from Dad ;)
But the coolest thing this week was that I Finished the book of Mormon again. What I learned this time, is that there is no way that it could be made up. There is no logical explination for it except for the one given.
After I finished it i found an old talk given by Elder Holland. "For 179 years this book has been examined and attacked, denied and deconstructed, targeted and torn apart like perhaps no other book in modern religious history—perhaps like no other book in any religious history. And still it stands. Failed theories about its origins have been born and parroted and have died—from Ethan Smith to Solomon Spaulding to deranged paranoid to cunning genius. None of these frankly pathetic answers for this book has ever withstood examination becausethere is no other answer than the one Joseph gave as its young unlearned translator. In this I stand with my own great-grandfather, who said simply enough, “No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so.” 10
I testify that one cannot come to full faith in this latter-day work—and thereby find the fullest measure of peace and comfort in these, our times—until he or she embraces the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ, of whom it testifies. If anyone is foolish enough or misled enough to reject 531 pages of a heretofore unknown text teeming with literary and Semitic complexity without honestly attempting to account for the origin of those pages—especially without accounting for their powerful witness of Jesus Christ and the profound spiritual impact that witness has had on what is now tens of millions of readers—if that is the case, then such a person, elect or otherwise, has been deceived; and if he or she leaves this Church, it must be done by crawling over or under or around the Book of Mormon to make that exit. In that sense the book is what Christ Himself was said to be: “a stone of stumbling, … a rock of offence,” 11 a barrier in the path of one who wishes not to believe in this work. Witnesses, even witnesses who were for a time hostile to Joseph, testified to their death that they had seen an angel and had handled the plates. “They have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man,” they declared. “Wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true.” (safety for the soul) (dont worry we have approval from the president to be on LDS.org)
I testify that one cannot come to full faith in this latter-day work—and thereby find the fullest measure of peace and comfort in these, our times—until he or she embraces the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ, of whom it testifies. If anyone is foolish enough or misled enough to reject 531 pages of a heretofore unknown text teeming with literary and Semitic complexity without honestly attempting to account for the origin of those pages—especially without accounting for their powerful witness of Jesus Christ and the profound spiritual impact that witness has had on what is now tens of millions of readers—if that is the case, then such a person, elect or otherwise, has been deceived; and if he or she leaves this Church, it must be done by crawling over or under or around the Book of Mormon to make that exit. In that sense the book is what Christ Himself was said to be: “a stone of stumbling, … a rock of offence,” 11 a barrier in the path of one who wishes not to believe in this work. Witnesses, even witnesses who were for a time hostile to Joseph, testified to their death that they had seen an angel and had handled the plates. “They have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man,” they declared. “Wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true.” (safety for the soul) (dont worry we have approval from the president to be on LDS.org)
I can also give my witness that this book is true. And I do give this witness to EVERYONE and ANYONE that I KNOW that the book is true. There are no doubts, no even shadows of doubts. I love the Book Of Mormon. Amo O Livro de Mormon.
This week we go to BH. This week is also conference. and this week we have alot of people to be baptised in the zone. It will be chique de mais :)/
Abraços Hugs
No comments:
Post a Comment