Sept 30, 2013
Family
First off, brazilians are crazy. We met one eyed joe this week and he was a little drunk, he asked me how long the United states had as a country and I told him almost 250 years, he didn't believe me and tried to tell me differently. well my patriotism came out and I told him that I know better because I live there. He still didn't want to listen so I let my comp talk with him while I talked with the lady next to him. He is such a crazy man. Oh the people I meet here in brazil.
Also we had the opportunity to do splits this week withe the Zone leaders. I went with another american and we spoke in english the whole day (well he spoke, my english is broken and I had problems) The language has become natural. but it was good to hear english again, even if I couldn't speak well.
Now for the best part
Weris stopped us on the street and said that he wanted to go to church, we went to his house and taught him these past two weeks. He didn't have any problems with the commandments beside coffee. He was well prepared by the lord. It was one of the most peaceful teaching processes. It was a really good experience, plus his family owns a butcher shop, so discount on meat :) yay!
![]() |
| Elder Applegate, Ward Mission leader, Weris, Elder Vargas |
Hoping for another baptism this week :) Excited for Conference too!
Love you all
Elder Applegate



No comments:
Post a Comment