MARCH 11, 2013
![]() |
| Elder Applegate & Bishop Taylor |
So much has happened this week. where to start. ok I’ll start with the elderly. We´ve been visiting alot of people with wisdom. We visited an inactive member who just turned 90 she was baptised with her whole family (8 kids, and a few grandkids) 50 years ago, and hasn´t been to church for more than my life time. But she misses it and will come next fast sunday, but she said, "I know I will cry" she always cried at fast meeting. that was pretty cool, but the funniest thing she said was "You two are really handsome, and I can say that I have 90 years! I know handsome." Then that same night we visited another member who hadn’t been to church for a while. She is 84 and was so excited to have the priesthood in her house, she was going to call the relief society president the next morning and schedule a lunch with us, but we didn´t even know who she was, we just had a name and an address on our list of members. But when she answered the door she saw me and said, "Bishop Taylor you came to visit me!?!" I guess I look more like the bishop than I thought.
So we had another
batism! A woman who is 26 and is married to a member less active. But she was
baptised and her husband and her will remain firm in the church! Que Bênção! I
got to enter the water to baptize her, which was a fun experience, but we need
to figure out how to turn the font water heater on, because the water was super
chilly. Yeah, It was awesome. A good experience for her that she will remember.
She is so excited to be a part of the church now!
![]() |
| Elder Barr & Elder Applegate at baptism |
We taught a couple
more interesting people. We taugh a JW family, but the husband said, "Look
man, I’m only 20 percent Jehova´s Witness and the rest Atheist, but Jesus
Christ is a huge part of my life." so that was an interesting lesson....they
didn’t accept, but were very polite. and the other interesting person. He said
that he is a very joyful person and his life is great. He doesn’t believe in
god, but he knows that Jesus Christ was a great teacher and his teachings are
beautiful, he also said that every morning he wakes up and says. "God, if
you exist, thank you so much for my life." Then he said that he knows that
god doesn´t exist, but still says that prayer everyday. He was a very nice
person, I think he was a little buzzed from the beer though.
We´ve
had pizza and doritios for lunch 3 times this week, which has been a nice break
from the rice and beans, it was a good week. Don´t worry I’m still happy and
healthy and loving this work. IT is so much better when your baptising. We´ve
got a couple of potencial batisms for this week too. This are going great. The
members are helping alot and were focusing our work and things are improving.
I´m to the point of 99 percent understanding and about 80 percent capacity to
speak, only a couple more months until I’m 99 percent fluent with a very strong
american accent. :)
This gospel is real, This is the Lord´s work and his blessings and miracles are real!
Lots of Love
Elder Applegate
This gospel is real, This is the Lord´s work and his blessings and miracles are real!
Lots of Love
Elder Applegate




No comments:
Post a Comment