I am very well. I am very excited. I am happy. and my english is getting worse everyday. yay!! im going to need a translator to come with me everywhere.
So my week went like this.
Monday was almost a normal day of office work, except we had something sad happen. Two missionaries were being sent home. One companionship. So we had to go with them to their area and have them pack their bags and then bring them back to the office to work some things out with President. The stayed with the secretaries all week because they would take their flight out on friday. Then monday night we left to go to work in our area and visit some people, and then we came back to the office to finish the last minute preparations for the zone conferences. This picture describes it pretty well.
Tuesday - We started Zone conferences. When met up with President at his house to go to Ribeirão das neves. But when he was at a stoplight sister realized that she still had the keys to her car (her daughter needed the keys) so we took the keys and ran them back to the house and then ran back to the car. Then we went to Neves just fine. There we had our first zone conference, a zone conference goes like this. We start at 9 and until about 10:30 President and Sister Fortunato talk and explain some things. Then until 12:00 Elder Bellini and I each give a training session. then until 1 o´clock we do role playing teaching situations. Elder Bellini is giving a training about Planning and I am giving a training on Finding New investigators to teach. President talks a little about rules and some guidelines for missionary work and Sister Fortunato talks about health and also these conferences she is talking about Gossip. at 1 until 2 we have lunch and then we do some more practices until 3. Then President finished the conference and it ends at about 4. After the conference we went back to our area to visit a family that went to church on Sunday. A man and his wife. We taught them and invited them to be baptized. The work goes on. We don't ever stop.
Wednesday - We did another conference of 7 hours. and then after the conference we traveled 2 hours to Divinópolis where Elder Bellini and I checked in at our Hotel and then we and did a division with the Zone Leaders.
Thursday - we had another conference of 7 hours in Divinópolis. Then we traveled back to BH where at night we went a visited Fabíola, and made some goals with her to read the book of Mormon.
Friday - we had one more conference of 7 hours in BH Leste. The chapel there is really pretty i think it is one of the prettiest ones here in Minas Gerais. It is the only one that I
have seen that has a basketball court inside it. Then after the conference we went to work in our area and we visited another man who went to church and challenged him to be baptized on the 20th and he accepted.
And now today is Pday. yay.
We have four more conferences next week so we´ve got another busy week ahead of us. and we also have some people to prepare to be baptized! Lets go
The thing i find most interesting about doind all of these conferences is that you can see how the spirit guides the meetings, (just like it says in Moroni 6) and even though we treat the same things in every zone, every conference is different. That are so many different levels of missionaries. of dedication, of faith, of excitement. But we deal with and treat it all! This is one of the best times of the year, conferences. Because we see so much happen.
Eu amo o que faço porque sei quem me chamou e porque estou aqui. Sei que o Livro de Mórmon é verdadeiro, que ele abençoa a vida de todos que o lerem. Sei que Joseph Smith foi um profeta chamado por Deus e sei que A Igreja de Jesus Cristo está na terra novamente. Como eu sou grato por isso. Eu amo meu Salvador e amo o privilégio que tenho de participar na obra Dele.
I love what I do because I know who called me and why I'm here. I know the Book of Mormon is true, he blesses the lives of all who read it. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and I know that The Church of Jesus Christ is on earth again. How grateful I am for that. I love my Savior and love that I have the privilege of participating in His work.
Com Amor
Elder Applegate


No comments:
Post a Comment