| Sharing a 10 liter tub of Acai |
April 22, 2014
So this week was pretty fun.

But in good news we did have another blessing. Luiz, the 8 year old grandson, was baptized and his non member mother was there to watch. :) I don't know what it is about children, but they seem to understand way better the gospel than some, if not most, of the adults we teach. He was super anxious for his baptism and was so happy to be baptized.
Yesterday I made congo bars and coxinhas with cream cheese and chicken. and this last week I made easter eggs of chocolate.
This week was Easter, and i am so grateful to be Mormon and not catholic, because the catholics here have a lot of crazy traditions. on friday they walk in the street carrying a lifesize christ in a glass box to be burried and only eat fish. Saturday the hit people on the head and say Halleluia. and Sunday they eat chocolate (this one isn´t tooo bad).
We did another division in Pirapora, and while we were there we bought a 10 liter tub (about 3 gallons) of Açaí. It is really really good. Better than ice cream because it is natural and healthy (although maybe not 3 gallons healthy) There were 6 of us missionaries so it was just fine. I also saw Americans there or at least three white people speaking english, I didn´t talk to them because I was having difficulties speaking in english and two of them didn´t speak portuguese.
We also saw an eclipse that turned the moon orange.
We also saw an eclipse that turned the moon orange.
Other than that this week has been pretty slow, being a week of catholic holiday almost nobody was in the street or in the house and almost everyone went traveling this weekend.
But in good news we did have another blessing. Luiz, the 8 year old grandson, was baptized and his non member mother was there to watch. :) I don't know what it is about children, but they seem to understand way better the gospel than some, if not most, of the adults we teach. He was super anxious for his baptism and was so happy to be baptized.
| Coxinhas |
Yesterday I made congo bars and coxinhas with cream cheese and chicken. and this last week I made easter eggs of chocolate.
This week was Easter, and i am so grateful to be Mormon and not catholic, because the catholics here have a lot of crazy traditions. on friday they walk in the street carrying a lifesize christ in a glass box to be burried and only eat fish. Saturday the hit people on the head and say Halleluia. and Sunday they eat chocolate (this one isn´t tooo bad).
Easter is such a lovely time. A wonderful time to remember the ressurection. I have been studying the visit of the resurected Christ to the nephites in the book of Mormon and also the testemony of the aposotles in the bible. It must have been a very interesting time to live in, where nobody knew about Christ nor understood about the ressurection. Today, everyone knows about christ and the ressurection, and yet few people live in acordance with that knowledge. (I am having a very hard time expressing myself in english adn i knw that hte grammer structure is probably really wrong, so i hopé tht you can have the gif t of intepreation of tounges)
Eu sei que meu Redentor vive. Sei que ele morreu e ressuscitou e por isso todos iremos ressuscitar. Que bênção nós temos de saber disso e de entender realmente o significado dessa coisas. Igual que diz no hino, o sweet the joy this sentence gives, i know that my redeemer lives. I know that my Redeemer lives. I know he died and rose again and so we will all be resurrected. What a blessing we have to know that and to really understand the meaning of things. Like the song says, o sweet the joy this sentence gives, i know that my redeemer lives.
Love you and I hope you have a great week
Elder Applegate
No comments:
Post a Comment