Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Week Dec 30, 2013

Skype with the Family for Christmas
Dec 30, 2013
So here we go
Christmas we very relaxing. It was good to open some presents. great to talk to everyone. and it was a good night to teach some people about Christ. We spent the evening with Fred, he really likes the hymns so we gave him a hymn book for Christmas. His favorites is "there is sunshine in my soul today" It was the hymn of his baptism.

Elder Applegate Christmas morning

Elder Ogden is excited for his first mission christmas!
So the rest of the week. The day before Christmas we went to confirm lunch at the bishops house and we go in and there is a couple missionary there in the house. Elder and Sister Leal. Who had gotten home that day from Manuas, so they were still in Name Tag. I was a little surprised, but it was very good. They are two retired people who love missionary work. They were full time in field missionaries. So they will help us a whole lot.
The day after Christmas. I went on Divisão Splits with the Elders in my district. I went with Elder Baldiviezo, he is from Bolivia, but lived in Provo as a child so he speaks english too. (actually his english is better than his portugues) It was my first time leading a division (district) and it was very enlightening. It is a great privilege I have to do divisions (splits) and to help these missionaries. On the division we went to lunch and had to help make it, but that was fine because lunch was at a Pizza Parlor (that is for Lincoln) We helped them make the pizza and while the pizza was cooking they gave us this awesome apetzier to eat. It was french fries, fried in fat with bacon and with a lot of cheese on top and some type of sause. It was absolutely delicous (Dad and Scott, isn´t there a canadian dish kinda like that?) I ate more of the fries than I did the pizza.
We are also just starting to receive Referalls from the members. Now we are starting to get some work going here.
But to end the week. ON Saturday we went to visit Fred, but he had left so we remarked came back later that night. When we got there, there was already a member there, who had just helped Fred with a setback. His family had come from Bahia and had tempted him, but he is firm is his resolution again and he still has repentance he can do. I just really kinda had to laugh at it all, it was super sad, but he´ll get stronger every day, One thing that he said, he may take some time to get over some issues, but he will never miss church when he isn´t working.
All in all it was a good week. and we are in for one more week. I am really tired. this new responsibility is really tiring, but I am really enjoying it. Presidente Fortunato is coming to visit us today so it should be fun.
Love you lots.
Elder Applegate

No comments:

Post a Comment