Monday, November 4, 2013

A Week of Adventures

Nov 4, 2013

Dear family,
Well this had been an eventful week. We had an emergency transfer this week, so here is what happened. We get a phone call tuesday night saying that we needed to be in BH the next day, so we went and my companion packed his bags and we took the bus to BH, we got there at 11:30 at night, so we took a taxi from the bus station to the secretaries house (its on the 8th floor in an apartment building in the center of BH). Then I got my new companion. and we went back to Sete Lagoas. I now know why we need to have and emergency fund of cash for travel purposes. :)
So about my new comp. Elder Ogden, 18 years old, He is from Oklahoma, his uncle is Perry Ewell (I think you know him pretty well dad). He is a greenie. I am his step dad (2nd trainer) He has 2 months in the field. He doesn't speak that well yet and he doesn´t understand me too well when I speak, but I don´t speak english to him because it is hard to speak english. he is a great guy. Really young and I feel really old right now. (plus I will have one year on this mission this week!)
Elder Applegate & Elder Ogden

So this week has been very chaotic, but we always have time to do some work and have so funny moments. We were going to contact this one lady that we had talked with on the street and her sons were hauling bricks in a wheelbarrow and they were struggling, so I went to go be strong and help them out, but it had rained that day so the ground was muddy and slick. I went to push the bricks up a little hill and slipped and fell in the mud. My pants and arms got really dirty, and everyone had a good laugh. IT was a great way to break the ice and we got to teach this lady and her 6 kids. She is a blessing, she is a very good investigator. It was a really funny moment.
Rain...looking our from our apt

Also on sunday we had lunch in the mountains on a ranch. There is a member who lives out there, so we got to take a car to the mountains and eat lunch there. It was a wonderful break from the city and the ride reminded me of the ride to Blackhawk. It was really a blessing!
Well I know that we will have a good week.
Love ya all!
Elder APplegate

No comments:

Post a Comment