Monday, January 21, 2013

Living Conditions- January 21, 2013


In my letter to Craig this week, I asked  him about his living conditions, you know, the stuff that only Mom's are really concerned about:  Here is is reply to that letter.

January 21, 2013
I forget sometimes that it is January right now. Its finally gotten hotter here. Its been bem tranquilo com chuva e vento, very calm with rain and wind, but the sun is finally out.

Living conditions. We live in a blue house. It has three and a half rooms. Bedroom, Study room\dining room\entry\all purpose room, kitchen, laundry\shower\bathroom. 
I´ll start with the bathroom. We have to flush the toilet with a bucket for now (don't worry it should be getting fixed sometime) the shower is almost right above the toilet  but it has hot water (even if it is an electric shower head) 

We have a washer and no dryer, but we have to hook the washer up the the sink to use it. Line Dry. 

Kitchen: Two Fridges, 1 stove hooked to a propane tank, small counter, sink. Its not too bad, Its kind of like cooking in the trailer, but with real fridges. Breakfast is easy, egg and bread or something like that & fruit. Lunch with members and we don't usually eat dinner because our house is not usually near at dinner time, so we keep working. Members feed us stuff when we visit and sometimes persquisadores do tambem. 
 Investigators do too.

I´ll start off by telling you about  a mother and son. We knock on their portão  gate and they let us in, The mom said that she thought that God had sent us there to help her and her family :) !!!!! and her son couldn't understand why he felt so much joy while we were there. We are working with them now to be baptized next Sunday!!! YAY!!!!

Weird things: Had lunch with a former medium. I miss vegetables. My mattress is foam and had a big butt dent in it :). My elbows are bruised from falling down stairs in the rain. Brasilians walk slowly. I feel like I´m hiking in Zions National park everyday. My companion is short. 5´5 maybe. And I love the rain. It rains a lot here and I am grateful for the rain. Members drive really crazy down here and I don't like driving in cars.....AAAHHHH, but I'm still alive. 

That's a basic overview of my week.
Love you so Much!!
Um Abraço
Elder Applegate

No comments:

Post a Comment